Sunday, February 7, 2010

I have a baby racoon and it's mother was killed by a car and I need to know what type of formula to feed it?

The poor baby racoon was crying for it's mother all day yesterday and we had to rescue it from certain death because it was living in a ceiling in stairway 40 feet above the ground and I live right at the edge of woods and let it go on my deck but it wouldn't leave and thinks I'm it's mother now and climbs all over me and wants me to comfort it.It is free to leave but I want to know if their is a special formula on the market for racoons?I have a baby racoon and it's mother was killed by a car and I need to know what type of formula to feed it?
You might be able to get a lot of help here -


http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RR6PUBLIC/





Very very best of luck.I have a baby racoon and it's mother was killed by a car and I need to know what type of formula to feed it?
If you live close to a pets mart,they should be able to help you.They are very helpful.I used to work for them.They have formular to feed and the bottle to feed.It is to hard to frrd from a baby bottle. Good luck.

Report Abuse



Go to an animal hosptial and they'll give you the formula.
no there isn't but you can buys canned cats milk in most pet stores it's in a powder form it has to be bottled fed to young to be away from mom or fend for it's self if you feel you can't care for it call animal control they will take it in and care for it god bless
You can feed it kitten formula. The following web address can give you detail instructions and alternatives. If he is close to weaning and you begin giving him solids keep a bowl of water next to the food. They like to moisten the food before they eat it. My cousin keeps a small kids pool and they wash their food in it


My dad does it all the time. He's kind of a Grizzely Adams guy. And as they get older they are notorious for getting into trouble. Good luck
I would think any baby formula would do. But you better be thinking about this.... IF you plan to keep it,.have it tested for rabies as soon as you can.





IF you've never had a full grown coon in your house your in for a wild ride.. They are snoopy'er that a cat and can get into EVERYTHING !!
You are right to want to return it to the wild, at least eventually. Raccoons do not grow up to be tame creatures. I agree that the Humane Society would be able to make sure that it gets what it needs, including reintroduction to the wild, when it's ready. ...


Aren't creatures a delight?! Especially babies!


http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2001/1/22/article_01.htm


Bringing Up Baby in the Wild


http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/1998/5/8/diagram_01.htm


Creatures Great and Small


You sound like a very nice %26amp; caring person (to be requesting help for the little one, rather than ways to get rid of it)! I commend you heartily!


Sincerely, ';MakeSure1Th5:21';
give it some milk... also.. look on the internet for what baby raccoons eat.. good luck.. and say hi to the sweet little thing for mua!!
GO 2 THE LOCAL PET STORE

No comments:

Post a Comment