Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I came into my house and got bit by a racoon what do i do?

I came into my house and a racoon bit me!!!! it scared me half to death and then is ran out i put ointment on it and bandaged it up should i do something els and how do i get the racoon not to come back?I came into my house and got bit by a racoon what do i do?
Raccoons often carry rabies, so the first thing you do is go to the nearest Emergency Room and tell them what happened so they can start you on a course of rabies shots. They will also call animal control to see if they can hunt down the raccoon and determine if it's rabid. Animal control will also try to determine why the raccoon was there and help you prevent further raccoon intrusions.





This is not something to dither about, this bite could kill you, just go to the E.R..I came into my house and got bit by a racoon what do i do?
I'm pretty sure you want to call a doctor and animal control. Not to freak you out, but raccoons are known to have rabies, as are other wild animals. Make sure you really wash out the bite.





Check out the CDC


http://www.cdc.gov/rabies/exposure/types.html
If that raccoon bit you there is an 80% chance that the raccoon had rabies! Go to the doctor's office right away! And I would try shutting your door... ??
you should go to the doctor or the er right away and tell them what happened cause it could have had rabies good luck
it could have had rabies go to the doctor idk how to stop it from coming back though srry

No comments:

Post a Comment