Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Whats the best way to get rid of a young racoon thats hang around my house at night?

im having problems with a raccoon that opens my trash cans at night and scatters trash, ive tryed to run it off but it wont take a hint, im not going to hurt it but it is a pest,Whats the best way to get rid of a young racoon thats hang around my house at night?
You may want to keep your garbage cans in the garage or somewhere else temporarily, to cut off what the raccoon views as an easy food source. Also, check the yellow page listings in your area for Urban Animal control. There are companies who will catch the animal %26amp; then release it into the wild, far from civilization, so it can go back to being a raccoon. If no such companies operate in your area, you could attempt to catch the animal yourself, although I don't advise it. Raccoons can be VERY vicious when they feel threatened. They have also been known to carry rabies. Be Careful, and good luck!Whats the best way to get rid of a young racoon thats hang around my house at night?
I had problems with a raccoon getting into my goldfish pond and tearing it up while trying to get the fish......The only way you will get rid of this pest, is to put some dogfood in a large livetrap, catch the critter, and then take him for a really long drive and drop him off. That took care of my raccoon problem.





I didn't even have to purchase the trap. A conservation officer brought the trap and the bait, out to my place and left it for me to use. Cool, huh?





The first night I caught a large rat. The second night, I caught the raccoon. I just left him in the livetrap, placed him into the trunk of the car, drove to the other side of the lake, opened the trunk, lifted the door of the trap.....that critter took one 20-foot leap from the trap and ran so fast I could barely see him.





(I feel I should add: When I bent down to hose out the plastic-cased livetrap, so I could return it clean, I about lost my cookies......The smell that radiated from that trap was horrible. Don't know if the raccoon got sprayed by a skunk or what. I just know it was nasty!)





Good luck!
If you have a BB-gun you can shoot it. BB-Guns will sting it, but definitely not penetrate the skin or hurt it. Once it gets hit, it'll probably not think thats a good place to go anymore.





When you shoot it, just don't use full power, and it wont penetrate the skin.....it'll just give it a nice welt that will get your point across.
Secure the lids of your trash cans so the raccoon can't get into them. If he/she can't find food it'll move on.
go to redneck.com order up some coonhunters and dogs. its live and well and davy crocket hats still sell, 3-6 bucks a hide i heard

No comments:

Post a Comment