Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My birdfeeder rope keeps breaking from Racoon chewing it. What kind of rope should I use?

barbed wireMy birdfeeder rope keeps breaking from Racoon chewing it. What kind of rope should I use?
How about trying wire, can they chew through it, too?My birdfeeder rope keeps breaking from Racoon chewing it. What kind of rope should I use?
Try metal cable instead, or a chain.
Chain
You could put that flexible metal stuff over it that they run wiring though in construction. You could even paint it if you wanted to.





eh- think chain was a better answer.
Go to the fishing section at your local sporting goods store. You are looking for stainless steel leader wire, and the lead crimps to go with it. It will last forever, and even hurricane Katrina couldn't break it.
Use a chain or some kind of metal coil. Raccoons are cute, but they get into everything here.

No comments:

Post a Comment