Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Have there ever been humans with rabies that act the same a say a racoon in later stages of the disease?

To clearify what information I am looking for: A racoon (or any mammal with rabies) can eventually enter a stage of the disease where the roam around, and attack whatever animal they see in thier daze.


Now, I am curious if there has ever been a human that contracted rabies, and enter the same daze.


I am curious because the only thing I have ever heard a human going through was phobias, irritation, choking, and eventually slipping into a coma and dieing from respiratory failure, but I have never heard of a rabid human attacking humans/animals with superhuman rage and strength. I understand cases of humans with rabies are extremely rare. Although, I wonder if before these kinds of things were recorded with science and logic to explain. I wonder if humans possibly contracted it more often way-back-when, and the way others described thier behavior as ';the walking dead'; or ';zombies';.





Please do not send links that only explain what the disease is, I know what is rabies.Have there ever been humans with rabies that act the same a say a racoon in later stages of the disease?
i'm pretty sure that if a human was infected with rabies, they would be attacking humans with super-raccoon strength and rageHave there ever been humans with rabies that act the same a say a racoon in later stages of the disease?
If you've read ';Old Yeller';, there's a mention I think of someone's family member catching rabies and then having to be tied down, and I *think* smothered to death in a mercy killing. Maybe you can try looking up human rabies in older books, like a university/college library.

Report Abuse


  • guy myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment